Bloodflies guard their nests viciously, and attack anything that comes too close. These nests, grown from their victims' corpses, are highly susceptible to fire, and occasionally Grand Guard squads are dispatched to burn out infestations. Bloodflies and their nests are very flammable, meaning incendiary bolts and explosive bottles are effective against them. Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin can also destroy nests with pistols, grenades and swords.While individual bloodflies are not aggressive, they hunt in groups as small as three. Bloodflies are also capable of spreading Bloodfly Fever, a disease that Alexandria Hypatia attempts to treat in her laboratory at Addermire Institute. Late-stage sufferers of the fever will sometimes become compelled to tend to and protect bloodfly nests until they expire, ultimately being colonized and turned into a new nest themselves.
The Bloodfly Swarm upgrade availble for Shadow Kill in Dishonored 2 transforms enemies killed in combat into bloodflies as they die.
Related Bone Charms
- Bitter Blood - Bloodflies attack at slightly shorter distances, closer to nests.
- Blood Sacrifice - Killing bloodflies or rats restores Health.
- Carrion Killer - Killing rats or bloodflies boosts Adrenaline.
- Savage Scream - Sometimes a Nest Keeper's scream kills some surrounding bloodflies.
- Spiritual Sacrifice - Killing bloodflies or rats restores Mana.
- Bloodfly Alchemy - An enemy's initial ranged attack is transformed into bloodflies.
- Venom glands of bloodflies are one ingredient of the Addermire Solution.
- The nests bloodflies create sometimes contain blood amber, a valuable material used to create statues.