- "Daud couldn't kill me, and you can't either!"
- —Breanna during battle
Breanna Ashworth is a character who appears in Dishonored 2. She is the curator of the Royal Conservatory of Karnaca and one of the witches allied with Delilah Copperspoon. She is an important member of the coven and, reportedly, very dear to Delilah.
Breanna was born into a wealthy family. However, she did not feel loved by her family, since all she seemed to be was "an advantageous marriage", having been promised to a man three times her age. Before the marriage, Breanna fled her home, knowing freedom for the first time in her life.
After Delilah was marked by the Outsider, she utilized her Arcane Bond to attract like-minded women to her. Breanna Ashworth was the first to answer her call. The two women roamed the lands, wild and free, and were later joined by others to form the coven known as the Brigmore Witches. After Delilah's defeat, the remaining witches lost their powers and Breanna travelled to Karnaca where she began a new life as the Curator of the Royal Conservatory.
When Delilah fell at the hands of Daud, Breanna still remained loyal. This continued loyalty was rewarded by her being able to hear Delilah's whisperings. When it was revealed that Duke Luca Abele was also able to hear the missing witch, the two organized a ritual at Aramis Stilton's manor, inviting notables such as Kirin Jindosh and the Crown Killer to complete it. An enchanted circle was formed by the quartet, and Delilah rose once again, trapping her spirit inside of a statue, thus ensuring herself immortality.
While exploring the Royal Conservatory, it is revealed that Breanna, along with her coven of witches, killed, and possibly experimented on the previous occupants of the exhibition that once took place there. Unless Corvo or Emily cause disruption, she is first encountered conversing with Delilah via the latter's statue. The protagonist finds out she's working on the device called "The Oraculum", having had an issue with installing proper lenses. This leaves the protagonist with a choice, either simply slaying Breanna on the spot, or tampering with the Oraculum, and installing discarded lenses. If they choose the latter option, the device malfunctions once it is activated, resulting in Breanna's complete loss of supernatural abilities, along with the entire coven of witches in the area.
If Breanna has been eliminated through non-lethal means, and Karnaca hasn't been thrown into ultimate chaos, she can be seen arrested by the Grand Guard at the very end.
- Breanna Ashworth is voiced by Melendy Britt.
- The Outsider comments that Breanna would likely have committed suicide had she remained with her family and her husband-to-be.
- There is a collectible painting of Breanna, called "My Fires Burn within Breanna's Marrow", painted by Delilah herself.
- A witch in the Royal Conservatory can be overheard wondering whether Breanna and Kirin Jindosh are lovers, given that the two are spending much time together.
- This assumption, however, is false as Jindosh and Breanna used the time to work together on the Oraculum.
- If Jindosh has previously been eliminated non-lethally, Breanna can be found talking to a statue of Delilah. Both witches briefly muse about who was behind the attack on Jindosh but consider it unimportant as Jindosh has served his purpose for their plans.
- If he was killed, Delilah will state how, regardless of the loss, he had nothing more to offer either way.
- If Corvo or Emily decide to assassinate Breanna with the sword, a special animation will play, where the protagonist pins her to the floor. As she struggles to escape, she is promptly stabbed in the chest.
- This causes extreme anger from Delilah, either immediately if Breanna is assassinated in front of her statue, or by speaking to the statue in person. In both cases, Delilah states that the protagonist will never understand what Breanna meant to her.
- In the final battle against Delilah, she will mention that she is avenging Breanna's death.
- If Breanna is dealt with in a non-lethal manner, she will not become hostile against the player unless provoked, but instead claim how she is not a threat to anyone anymore.
- Breanna and Delilah have an ambiguous romantic relationship; her sexuality is confirmed by Harvey Smith as lesbian.
- Breanna is immune to both choke holds and Shadow Kill, though not the latter's Bloodfly Swarm upgrade.
- Breanna carries two unique black bone charms on her person. Bloodfly Alchemy causes the first shot of an assassin's weapon to turn into bloodflies; Fickle Beasts causes summoned entities such as rats and Doppelgänger shades to turn against the summoner.
- Since she does not drop the bone charms she carries upon her defeat, they must be looted from her body. Should the protagonist already have Bloodfly Swarm unlocked, it is advisable to first render Breanna unconscious and loot the charms from her body before killing her.
- Like all witches, Breanna can use Blink when assaulted with Windblast, reducing its effectiveness against her.
- Using Blink or Far Reach near Breanna when she is working at her desk, even if she was previously unaware of the protagonist's presence, will cause her to grab the protagonist and throw them to the ground.
Characters in Dishonored 2
|Minor Characters (Male)||
Amadeo Monte • Armando • Corporal Dial • Cyrille • Doctor Galvani • Bartholomeus Vasco • Hadros • Ichabod Boyle • Joe Hamilton • Karl • Lento • Luciano • Stanislaw Shepherd • Ramos • Rapollo • Overseer Abello • Overseer Fitz • Overseer Ogburn • Yul Khulan
|Minor Characters (Female)|