The Clocktower is situated on the northern edge of the Estate District, and stands out significantly among the estates of the city's nobility. It has a large metal lattice-style of architecture holding the clock's mechanisms. The clock itself has four faces facing each directions and chimes every hour. It can be seen from almost anywhere in Dunwall due to its elevated position.
- The Clocktower is as iconic to Dunwall the Elizabeth Tower, often referred to as Big Ben is to London.
- Despite its iconic appearance, the Clocktower is never directly visited in any game, though it was originally intended to be part of a mission at the Gristol Parliament cut from Dishonored.
- During Corvo Attano's time in the Estate District, the clocktower rings four times at regular intervals.
- The Clocktower's bell sound is a stock sound. It can be heard in the gameTeam Fortress 2 for Halloween maps.
- The Clocktower can be fully seen in the Void during the introduction of The Knife of Dunwall, None Like Her.
- On the 8th Day, Month of Darkness, 1851, roughly after the second hour in the morning, Empress Emily Kaldwin climbed the Clocktower for the view it gave her of the surrounding city.