Corvo's Mask is a device used to conceal Corvo Attano's identity, and is constructed of a sturdy material that allows it to serve as conventional armor.
The mask was created by the inventor Piero Joplin, who gives it to Corvo upon their first meeting. The mask possesses a telescopic function, allowing Corvo to view far-off objects and target enemies at long range. When zoomed in, the lens also amplifies sound. Piero can upgrade it later with a second spyglass zoom after Corvo delivers the appropriate blueprints. When acquired, this feature allows Corvo to view objects and people more closely than he can with the mask's single telescopic function.
The mask immediately becomes the terror of Dunwall, with many a guest at Lady Boyle's Last Party commenting on how frightening the mask looks, along with how it reminds them of the masked man that has been terrorizing the aristocracy of the city.
- The mask is modelled after a human skull. It epitomizes the present condition of Dunwall--the "rats disease [and] death."
- Corvo's mask was originally conceptualized to be a gas mask. However, the gas mask was instead used for the assassins.
- The mask has also been created as a promotional and collectible item in the Valve game Team Fortress 2, where it was awarded to players at "Genuine" quality who had pre-ordered Dishonored through the Steam platform, it goes by the alias of Lacking Moral Fiber Mask .
- The zoom feature can, oddly enough, be used when Corvo is not wearing it, while at the Hound Pits pub. This is most likely an oversight.
- Despite the mask having three visible magnifying lenses in one eye when it is viewed from the back, the zoom functions cannot be used until bought.
- The blueprints for the optics reveal that the three lenses do not canonically exist until Corvo has purchased the upgrade, making this a developmental oversight.
- Corvo's in-game mask slightly differs from the mask seen on the cover art and in the advertisements. For example, the in-game mask has different details, such as two brass pieces on the nose and a completely different right eye magnifying lens.
Equipment in Dishonored