Custis Pendleton is a member of Gristol's parliament and resides in Dunwall with his brother, Morgan. Elder brothers to Treavor Pendleton, Custis and Morgan share lordship of Pendleton Manor, and control the slave mines by which the Pendleton family (one of the founding families of Dunwall) has made its fortune. Custis and Morgan sell their votes in Parliament to Hiram Burrows, functioning as a loyal voting block. Their voting power makes them a target of the Loyalist Conspiracy, for when they are eliminated, their Parliamentary votes pass to Treavor. Custis and his brother Morgan are also responsible for holding Emily Kaldwin prisoner at the Golden Cat bath house.
Custis can be found at the Golden Cat along with Morgan, and is one of the main targets of the mission, House of Pleasure.
- The Heart says that "His attachment to his twin brother Morgan is not wholesome."
- The Heart also says that he has "one of the keenest minds for business in all of Gristol," and that he is considered, "the smartest and the cruelest of the Pendleton brothers."
- According to Wallace, on one occasion Custis made an "improper remark" to the Empress, and Corvo "ejected him from a state dinner before even asking who he was."
- Some of the Pendletons' guards in the Golden Cat can be overheard discussing the depleted state of the Pendleton mines and fortune; Custis will verify this claim in conversation with a prostitute, angrily saying that he and his brothers have had to ask for money from their cousins to get by.
- The audiograph Emily Tells a Tale centers around an argument Emily witnesses between Custis, Madame Prudence, and a Courtesan, which she calls, "The Story of the Fancy Dressed Lady and the Naked Man."
- As with all other assassination targets, if Corvo Attano decides to kill Custis Pendleton with his sword, a special animation plays. If done in combat, Custis will lunge at Corvo, scratching with his hands, while Corvo holds him by his throat. Corvo will then stab Custis in the side of his neck and drop him on to the ground. If done in stealth, Corvo will turn Curtis around, stab him in the stomach, and then put him on his knees and stab downward in to the back of his neck.
- Upon turning hostile, Custis will throw various objects -- such as glasses, vases, and ashtrays -- at Corvo if he is in a place where he cannot be reached. He has a never-ending supply of these items, as they materialize out of space and into his hand.
Characters in Dishonored