Devouring Swarm is a supernatural ability in Dishonored. It allows Corvo to summon forth a swarm of ravenous rats, that will then attack any characters in the immediate area. Devouring Swarm consumes 40% of Corvo's total mana.
Tier I - (3 runes)Edit
With Tier I Devouring Swarm, Corvo can summon a swarm of rats which attacks and eats foes.
Tier II - (4 runes)Edit
With Tier II Devouring Swarm, the swarm's attacks do more damage, and it eats foes faster. It also summons more rats.
- Devouring Swarm can be used to dispose of groups of enemies or corpses without Corvo having to reveal his presence.
- Devouring Swarm is particularly effective at distracting enemies in the middle of combat, permitting Corvo to kill or escape without much difficulty.
- Like naturally occurring rats, the summoned rats will not attack weepers.
- Like regular rats, summoned rats can be possessed by Corvo.
- All strategies and tips regarding regular rat possession apply here.
- When Granny Rags uses Devouring Swarm, unlike Corvo, she seems to have a degree of control over the rats—they will not attack her, and she will thank Corvo for summoning more of her "little pretties" if he uses the ability against her.
- If Corvo has the Gutter Feast or Carrion Killer bone charms equipped, killing a summoned swarm is a good tactic for harvesting mana or adrenaline, respectively.
- The Albinos bone charm can make the mana side of this strategy more efficient.
Devouring Swarm sound effect.
|The Knife of Dunwall|
|The Brigmore Witches|