Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Devouring Swarm is a supernatural ability in Dishonored and Dishonored 2. It allows Corvo Attano to summon forth a swarm of ravenous rats that will attack any characters in the immediate area. Devouring Swarm consumes 40% of Corvo's total mana.
Tier I - (3 runes)
With Tier I Devouring Swarm, Corvo can summon a swarm of rats which attacks and eats foes.
Tier II - (4 runes)
With Tier II Devouring Swarm, the swarm is larger, allowing its attacks to do more damage and allowing it to eat foes faster.
|Devouring Swarm||4||None||Summon rats that attack enemies and devour bodies.|
|Greater Swarm||2||Devouring Swarm||Increase the size of your rat swarm.|
|Rat Piper||2||Devouring Swarm||Summon a rat swarm that follows you.|
|Twin Swarms||3||Devouring Swarm||Summon two smaller rat swarms.|
- Rats summoned by Corvo will not attack him.
- Devouring Swarm can be used to dispose of groups of enemies or corpses without Corvo having to reveal his presence.
- Devouring Swarm is particularly effective at distracting enemies in the middle of combat, permitting Corvo to kill or escape without much difficulty.
- Similarly, it can be used to lure multiple enemies to one spot by summoning a swarm near a large yet dispersed group of enemies. This can then be followed up by a grenade toss. If timed correctly, this can easily take out a large number of enemies simultaneously.
- Like standard, the summoned rats will not attack weepers and can be possessed by Corvo.
- All strategies and tips regarding regular rat possession are also valid here.
- When Granny Rags uses Devouring Swarm, she, unlike Corvo, seems to have a degree of control over the rats.
- Rats summoned by Corvo will not attack her - instead, she will thank Corvo for summoning more of her "little pretties".
- If Corvo has the Gutter Feast or Carrion Killer bone charms equipped, killing a summoned swarm is a good tactic for harvesting mana or adrenaline, respectively.
- The Albinos bone charm can make the mana side of this strategy more efficient.
- In Dishonored 2, equipping the Blood Sacrifice bone charm then summoning and killing a swarm of rats can restore lots of health. Equipping an upgraded Spiritual Sacrifice bone charm can give more mana than summoning the swarm takes.
- The above strategy involving Gutter Feast and Albinos also works in Dishonored 2.
- Without the Twins Swarms upgrade (Dishonored 2 only) Corvo cannot summon two rat swarms simultaneously. Attempting to summon a second swarm of rats will disperse the first.
- The Rat Piper upgrade does not mean Corvo's rats always follow him. Sometimes, they can get distracted by dead or unconscious bodies.
Related Bone Charms
Void Walker's Arsenal
- Void Channel - Increased duration for the rat swarm.
- The Lonely Rat Boy has a version of this power. The only known difference is that the rats he summons can attack him.
- If Granny Rags is killed or knocked unconscious at any point, her body will disappear and summon a swarm of rats.
- These rats will attempt to attack Corvo, regardless of other characters who may be easier to access.
Devouring Swarm sound effect.
|The Knife of Dunwall|
|The Brigmore Witches|