Fish are a group of aquatic animals that live in the waters of Dunwall.
Hagfish are a hostile species of fish, which are capable of being possessed. Hagfish will bite Corvo Attano if he swims too close to them. Additionally, any unconscious or dead bodies thrown into waters containing hagfish will be eaten.
Some establishments, such as The Golden Cat, keep ornamental fish. Fish are also a food source for the people of Dunwall, as tins of jellied eels and hagfish can be found and consumed. There are also some extremely large but unnamed fish being served to the guests at Lady Boyle's Last Party.
- The Dishonored hagfish share a name with a real-world animal, but the two have virtually no physiological traits in common.
- Like rats, singular hagfish are not particularly dangerous, but they can tear through Corvo's health quickly in large numbers. Corvo's inability to fight back while in water means that they can be a serious annoyance when trying to access waterlocked areas, such as the rune in the Hound Pits Pub. Even a single hagfish can force Corvo to use an elixir if he has to swim to a distant area.
- Because Blink is still functional under water, it is a useful means of escaping schools of hagfish.
- After Corvo possesses a hagfish it will die.
- Alerted guards will call out to Corvo calling him a hagfish.
- Unlike rats, hagfish will attack Corvo on sight.
- In The Brigmore Witches, after Daud uses Pull on a hagfish it will die.
Characters in Dishonored
Doctor Galvani • Mad Survivor • Bunting • Pratchett • Test Subject 312 • Lord Shaw • Ramsey • Miss White • Lord Brisby • Alfa • Blake • Mace Brimsley • Propaganda Officer • Alec • Mattie • General Tobias • Captain Ren • Watch Officer Thorpe • Jane Blair • Ella Triss • Byron Alderdice • Overseer Sturgess • Overseer Jasper • Ms. Benton • Berthold • Elsa