- "An honest man – no. But his heart is not as black as some."
- —The Heart
Griff is a survivor featured in Dishonored. He runs his own business, called Griff's Curio Shop, on Bloodox Way in the Distillery District and can be encountered during the missions High Overseer Campbell and House of Pleasure.
Before meeting Corvo Attano, Griff was imprisoned for five years for an unknown crime. After serving his sentence, he changed his name to "Griff". The Heart says he is dishonest, but less prone to criminality than others in Dunwall. He spends his time scavenging for supplies, which he sells at his shop for a fair price to make a living and survive the rat plague. He is in correspondence with at least one other black market merchant - Jerome, in Drapers Ward.
Griff is first encountered during the mission High Overseer Campbell, in which he is barricaded in the fishmonger shop by two thugs from the Bottle Street Gang, seeking to extort coin from him to make up for his overdue debt to them. If Corvo dispatches the two thugs and destroys the barricade, Griff will sell the protagonist ammunition and blueprints.
- Griff knows that the Masked Assassin is Corvo, but pretends that he does not. How or when he obtained this knowledge is not explained.
- It is possible to loot Griff in stealth mode. However, Corvo will only obtain coin from him, not any of the items he is offering to sell.
- It is possible to hit Griff with a sword without him turning hostile or fleeing, although he will admonish Corvo for doing so.
- Unlike all the other weepers, Griff's eyes as a weeper are not discolored.
- Griff's character model returns as the Golden Merchant in the Dunwall City Trials challenge Back Alley Brawl.
- Griff maintains a jovial attitude towards the plague, informing Corvo that his prices will drop as more people die.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "An honest man – no. But his heart is not as black as some."
- ↑ "He was in prison for five years, then changed his name to Griff. No one suspects."
- ↑ "Griff offers as close to a fair deal as one can find in the Isles."
- ↑ Griff's Last Words.
- ↑ Jerome's Search for Oxrush
- ↑ Elixir Accounts
- ↑ "Yes. He knows who you are. But he will pretend he does not."
Characters in Dishonored
|Minor Characters (Male)||
Alec • Blake • Boo • Bunting • Byron Alderdice • Captain Ren • Craxton • Crowley • Dunstan • Earl • General Tobias • Grayson • Hackworth • Harold • Jeffrey • Jelly • Lord Brisby • Lord Shaw • Mace Brimsley • Mad Survivor • Magnus • Overseer Archer • Overseer Berthold • Overseer Franklin • Overseer Gerard • Overseer Jasper • Overseer Sturgess • Pratchett • Ramsey • Rodney • Sergeant Heyburn • Stu • Tom • Watch Officer Thorpe
|Minor Characters (Female)|