Keyholes are located on most doors encountered in Dishonored and can be utilized by both Corvo Attano and Daud to scan a room before entering, as well as eavesdropping on any conversations going on inside. This allows a tactical advantage over enemies, as their positions will be known prior to engaging or avoiding them.
This technique is made almost obsolete by Dark Vision and Void Gaze at Tier II, as those supernatural abilities allow all enemies to be seen and (with both abilities at Tier II) objects within a certain radius, nullifying the advantage gained from peering through keyholes. However, keyholes must still be used to eavesdrop on conversations, even with Dark Vision or Tier II Void Gaze.
Keyholes are most useful when attempting to unlock Mostly Flesh and Steel.
- The best way to see Granny Rags talk to her 'little birdies' is by looking through the keyhole of her house leading to the backyard.
- Corvo can occasionally observe members of the City Watch or Overseers peeping through keyholes.
- Sometimes this will even happen while Corvo is on the other side of a keyhole, but he will still remain undetected.
- Some scripted scenes can be activated by looking through keyholes.
- Piero looks at Callista bathing through a keyhole.