|Nation of origin||Gristol|
|First appearance||Lady Boyle's Last Party|
|Role||Financial backer of Hiram Burrows|
- "Welcome to my party. I don't believe you've had the pleasure."
- ―Lady Boyle
Lady Boyle is an aristocrat of Dunwall and mistress to Hiram Burrows, whose military she finances. She is an influential figure in Dunwall, holding lavish parties and gatherings at her home in the Estate District. A close ally of the Lord Regent, she aided in the assassination of the Empress.
The identity of Burrows mistress--the "true" Lady Boyle--is randomized, varying in each playthough of Dishonored. She may be any of the three Boyle sisters: Waverly, Esma or Lydia.
- "It's all wonderful, the new Sokolov devices. Those fierce walls of light, keeping the riffraff at bay, and now we've got electrical lighting in the evening, making our garden dinners much more pleasant. And all it costs is a bit of whale oil simply plucked from the ocean. It's a marvelous age to be alive."
- ―Waverly Boyle
A wealthy woman and the youngest of the Boyle sisters, Waverly owns Boyle Mansion, the location of the mission Lady Boyle's Last Party. She is the widow of Lord Boyle, and is noticeably more paranoid and serious than either of her sisters--if Corvo Attano asks to take her somewhere private, she will rebuff him, saying she doesn't know him, or his family. On the other hand, she responds readily to the claim that her life is in danger (which validates her previously-held fears), and complies with Corvo's instructions thereafter.
- "Oh, but this is perfect, I love it! What happens next? Are you gonna tie me up?"
- ―Esma Boyle
The promiscuous sister, Esma's sexual activities and untidy habits frequently put her at odds with her sisters. Waverly regards her as a drunkard, while the Heart notes that she "drinks to forget herself." Further investigation using the Heart reveals that Esma once gave birth to a daughter, a process that was excruciating for her. It is unknown whether the child survived or not, but the experience left Esma unable to become pregnant again.
- "We have an exquisite old harpsichord. Do you play?"
- ―Lydia Boyle
The mysterious and musical Lydia bemoans her inability to find a true musician in Dunwall to take as a lover. If Corvo convinces her to go somewhere more private, she will take him to the music room. The Heart notes that she is one of the greatest musicians in all of Gristol, a skill she has cultivated in the absence of sociability or great beauty.
- Anton Sokolov claims that Lady Boyle has the "finest hindquarters in all of Dunwall."
- If Corvo eavesdrops on Custis Pendleton's conversation with a courtesan in the Golden Cat, she will suggest that she dress up as Lady Boyle for the evening. Custis in turn expresses anger toward Lady Boyle, particularly for the discovery of valuable crystals on her land. After some thought, he agrees to the courtesan's idea, saying he would like to "teach [Lady Boyle] a lesson."
- As with all other assassination targets, if Corvo decides to murder Lady Boyle with his sword, a special animation plays. In it he will embrace her, then stab her in the stomach and gently place her corpse on the ground. If she is approached from behind, he will stab her in the shoulder, then as she falls to the ground he will stab her again in the neck.
- The developers later admitted via Twitter that they had been "wrongheaded" about the idea to give Lady Boyle to her stalker, and said that "she probably wrapped that pathetic adoring creep around her finger."
- ↑ Dishonored Game Manual p.13
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Waverly Boyle's Diary
- ↑ "The youngest of the Boyle women. She suffers from reckless frivolity, followed by long bouts of melancholy."
- ↑ Lord Pendleton Memoirs: Chapter 28
- ↑ Esma Boyle's Diary
- ↑ "That is Esma Boyle. She drinks to forget herself."
- ↑ "There was trouble when her daughter was born. Then the doctors told her there would be no more children."
- ↑ ""Of all the Boyle women, Lydia has the most to keep secret."
- ↑ Lydia Boyle's Diary
- ↑ "When she's alone, Lydia plays the harpsichord; she is one of the finest musicians in the city."
- ↑ ""Neither a talker nor a great beauty, she has cultivated other skills to survive."
- ↑ Developer Commentary - Lady Boyle's Last Party
Characters in Dishonored
The Outsider • Jessamine Kaldwin • Emily Kaldwin • Anton Sokolov • Propaganda Officer • Granny Rags • Slackjaw • Geoff Curnow • Madame Prudence • Griff • Royal Interrogator • Esmond Roseburrow • Lonely Rat Boy
|Minor Characters (Male)||
Watch Officer Thorpe • Hackworth • Doctor Galvani • Boo • Sergeant Heyburn • Overseer Jasper • Overseer Sturgess • Berthold • Crowley • Dunstan • Bunting • Pratchett • Mad Survivor • Alec • Harold • Ramsey • Lord Brisby • Lord Shaw • Byron Alderdice • General Tobias • Overseer Franklin • Blake • Mace Brimsley • Captain Ren
|Minor Characters (Female)|
Enemies in Dishonored