Morris Sullivan was born to a wealthy family that, in fear of diluting their blood with that of outsiders, married cousins for generations. Growing up on Endoria Street, he grew to be large and strong, developing a temper and a cruel streak toward animals, but his brain remained underdeveloped.
In 1811 he met Vera Moray, becoming her apprentice even before her transition into Granny Rags,and -- staying true to his cruel nature -- Sullivan became the Royal Interrogator at Dunwall Tower, serving as both a torturer and an executioner.
Sullivan is a sadistic mute who secretly worships the Outsider in the basement of Dunwall Tower with his pet wolfhound, where he can be seen repeatedly beating a corpse. He is first encountered in the mission Dishonored in Coldridge Prison, where he tortures Corvo by burning him with a hot iron.
He is one of the toughest enemies in the game. His faith makes him immune to most of Corvo's supernatural abilities, and he possesses the ability to pull Corvo towards him. His thick skin makes the sword, crossbow and spring razor less effective; he is also immune to frontal fatal attack. Contrary to his passive ability, his attacks are somewhat simple; he swings a heated metal bar like a sword, and while he can block, dodge, and kick, his skill at doing so is noticeably poor compared to other enemies. However, his exceptional health allows him to deal a lot of damage to Corvo before he can be dispatched. It is recommended to use stealth to eliminate him.
- It is implied that Sullivan is the young boy mentioned in Granny Rags' journal.
- Slackjaw's Elixir Accounts logbook has "Nelly & Morris Sullivan" listed as customers.
- The Torturer is resistant to some of Corvo's powers, such as Bend Time at Tier 2; however, it is not to the same extent as Daud (for example, the Torturer is still vulnerable to Possession, while Daud is not).
- Sullivan is immune to any form of dismemberment.
- According to a note found in Dunwall Tower, Sullivan has a habit of watching the guards while they sleep.
- ↑ "The family feared diluting their blood with outsiders, so cousin married cousin, for generations."
- ↑ "His temper as a child was vile. They would find the family pets dead."
- ↑ "He was born into wealth on Endoria Street, and grew large and strong. But his brain shrunk and shriveled, like a bad fruit."
- ↑ Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives
- ↑ Dearie
- ↑ "Morris Sullivan. Executioner and torturer."
Characters in Dishonored
Doctor Galvani • Mad Survivor • Bunting • Pratchett • Test Subject 312 • Lord Shaw • Ramsey • Miss White • Lord Brisby • Alfa • Blake • Mace Brimsley • Propaganda Officer • Alec • Mattie • General Tobias • Captain Ren • Watch Officer Thorpe • Jane Blair • Ella Triss • Byron Alderdice • Overseer Sturgess • Overseer Jasper • Overseer Franklin • Ms. Benton • Berthold • Elsa • Crowley• Hackworth • Harold • Betty • Boo • Sergeant Heyburn
Enemies in Dishonored