He is a sadistic mute who secretly worships the Outsider in the basement of Dunwall Tower with his pet wolfhound, where he can be seen repeatedly beating a corpse. He is first encountered in the mission Dishonored in Coldridge Prison, where he tortures Corvo by burning him with a hot iron.
He is one of the toughest enemies in the game. His faith makes him immune to most of Corvo's supernatural abilities, and he possesses the ability to pull Corvo towards him. His thick skin makes the sword, crossbow and spring razor less effective; he is also immune to frontal fatal attack. Contrary to his passive ability, his attacks are somewhat simple; he swings a heated metal bar like a sword, and while he can block, dodge, and kick, his skill at doing so is noticeably poor compared to other enemies. However, his exceptional health allows him to deal a lot of damage to Corvo before he can be dispatched. It is recommended to use stealth to eliminate him.
- He is revealed to be affiliated with Granny Rags in a letter from her.
- It is likely that he is the young boy mentioned in her journal.
- When examined with the Heart, it is found out that his name is Morris Sullivan, and that he was born from a rich family who married cousins for generations.
- Slackjaw's Elixir Accounts logbook has "Nelly & Morris Sullivan" listed as customers.
- The Torturer is resistant to some of Corvo's powers, such as Bend Time at Tier 2; however, it is not to the same extent as Daud (for example, the Torturer is still vulnerable to Possession, while Daud is not).
- His unnatural resistance to harm could be a gift from the Outsider like Corvo's similar ability, Vitality.
- If Corvo chokes Sullivan out rather than killing him, the credit "Defeated the Lord Regent's Torturer" will appear at mission end.
- Sullivan is immune to any form of dismemberment.
- According to a note found in Dunwall Tower, Sullivan has a habit of watching the guards while they sleep.
Characters in Dishonored
Doctor Galvani • Mad Survivor • Bunting • Pratchett • Test Subject 312 • Lord Shaw • Ramsey • Miss White • Lord Brisby • Alfa • Blake • Mace Brimsley • Propaganda Officer • Alec • Mattie • General Tobias • Captain Ren • Watch Officer Thorpe • Jane Blair • Ella Triss • Byron Alderdice • Overseer Sturgess • Overseer Jasper • Overseer Franklin • Ms. Benton • Berthold • Elsa • Crowley• Hackworth
Enemies in Dishonored