Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I saw him fight three to one in the practice yard. He's a whirlwind."
- – A guard about Corvo
Corvo and Daud have a wide range of mobility; they can lean, slide, sneak, sprint, jump, and swim.
Certain supernatural abilities further widen the scope of their movements - Agility, for instance, allows them to double-jump to reach greater heights. Movement is slowed by sneaking and holding bodies, although certain bone charms (such as Swift Shadow and Undertaker) can counteract this effect. Bone charms can similarly augment their natural abilities, allowing them to swing their weapons faster and increasing their strength.
Corvo and Daud both use their right hands to hold swords and their left hands for ranged weapons or supernatural abilities. Melee combat is intricate and consists of slashes, stabs, blocks and parries. Accurate timing of sword blocks can also aid in combat.
Ranged combat is available through the crossbow for Corvo, the Wristbow for Daud, and pistol for both, each of which have various types of special ammunition. The crossbow and wristbow are the only weapons that can be used non-lethally, via the utilization of sleep darts; however, unlike regular bolts, Corvo's sleep dart capacity cannot be upgraded, limiting him to carrying ten at a time. Daud's sleep dart capacity can be upgraded in The Brigmore Witches.
Corvo and Daud also have a variety of gadgets at their disposal that can be used during combat, such as spring razors and grenades. Gadgets can also affect the environment in ways that augment combat and lethality; shooting the support for a Loudspeaker, for instance, will cause it to fall and explode, increasing overall destruction.
When they desire to remain undetected, Corvo and Daud can enter Stealth Mode, crouching and moving slowly to reduce sound and visibility. This mode allows them to move through the world without drawing attention, making sneak attacks easier to execute and allowing them to avoid confrontation altogether.
Silent attacks can be either lethal or non-lethal. Examples of lethal sneak attacks include drop assassinations (wherein Corvo or Daud attack an enemy from above, stabbing as they land on the target), slitting a target's throat, or stabbing them from behind. Non-lethal options are available in the form of sleep darts and sleeper holds. With the exception of hounds, rats, hagfish, river krusts, and tallboys, all enemies can be taken down with a sleeper hold; the effectiveness of sleep darts depends on the target, as some high-profile enemies (such as Daud and the Royal Interrogator in Dishonored) are immune.
Once a target has been incapacitated, Corvo and Daud can then move and hide the body in order to keep it from being discovered. Care must be taken to avoid accidentally killing unconscious victims, as they are more vulnerable to damage. Enemies cannot be woken by their comrades, but if their bodies are found, the discovering party will be on high alert.
Actions that complement stealth play include eavesdropping, peering through keyholes, and the ability to blow out candles. Objects can also be thrown to distract enemies and divert their attention. In addition, hiding in shadows renders Corvo and Daud all but invisible at a distance, but close-range enemies will still notice them when they are directly in the enemy's line of sight.
Related Bone Charms
- Acrobat - Slightly faster climbing.
- Fleet Fighter - Drawn weapons do not slow movement speed.
- Undertaker - Increased movement speed while carrying a corpse.
- Strong Arms - Faster choking speed.
- Swift Shadow - Increased movement speed in stealth mode.
- Throwing Hand - Thrown objects travel slightly farther.
- Tough Skin - 15% increase to maximum health.
Void Walker's Arsenal
- Acrobatic Killer: Raven - Drop assassinating grants health.
- Acrobatic Killer: River Affinity - Increased swimming speed.
- Acrobatic Killer: Quick Dodge - Ability to dodge bolts/arrows.
- Shadow Rat: Good Lungs - Increased underwater breath duration.
- Shadow Rat: Voyeur - Magnification of sight when peeping through keyholes.
The Knife of Dunwall
- Bird of Prey - Drop assassination gives Daud a bit of health.
- Light as a Shadow - Take less damage from falls.
- Overpower - Very easily win contested interactions.
- Swift Stalker - If Daud's weapons are sheathed, his speed is boosted.