Shadow Walk is the supernatural ability to turn oneself into a dark, smoke-like state. This ability is granted to Emily Kaldwin by The Outsider. Being a shadow, Emily is much more stealthy, though can still interact with enemies.
|Shadow Walk||4||N/A||Assume a stealthier form for a short time.|
|Rat Shadows||1||Shadow Walk||Move through rat tunnels in your stealthier form.|
|Improved Shadow Attack||2||Shadow Walk||Assassinate or incapacitate up to 2 enemies during Shadow Walk.|
|Greater Shadow Attack||2||Improved Shadow Attack||Assassinate or incapacitate up to 3 enemies during Shadow Walk.|
|Shadow Run||2||Shadow Walk||Move faster while in your stealthier form.|
- Though Emily is harder to see in shadow form, she is not invisible.
- Shadow Walk does not reduce the amount of damage Emily takes.
- Equipping the bone charms Shadow Repose and Dark Extraction allows Emily to regenerate large amounts of health while in shadow form.
- As Emily does not have Possession, the Rat Shadows upgrade is very useful for accessing hard-to-reach areas and bypassing various locked doors.
- While Shadow Walk can get Emily to her target, it will deactivate as soon as she interacts with this enemy.
- Purchasing Improved Shadow Attack allows Emily to flee the scene still in shadow form.
- While in shadow form, Emily cannot jump or climb. This can force her to take a more circuitous route that can take her closer to enemies.
- Shadow Walk, while stealthy, is slower than normal movement, which can be a disadvantage when near enemies. Buying the Shadow Run upgrade can assist with this.
- Being closer to the ground, visibility is reduced with Shadow Walk. This lowers its potential as a scouting tool.
- Shadow Walk is not inherently lethal, as guards can also be rendered unconscious.
Related Bone Charms
- Shadow Embrace - Shadow Walk lasts slightly longer.
- Dark Extraction - Shadow Walk assassination restores some Health.
- Shadow Repose - Regain Health during Shadow Walk.
- In the trailer for Dishonored 2, Shadow Walk is capable of climbing a wall. In-game, however, it is not.
- Entering water immediately turns Emily back into her normal form.
- Shadow Walk is reflective of the period of terror that was Emily's throne being usurped.