Shadow Walk is the supernatural ability to turn oneself into a dark, smoke-like state. This ability is granted to Emily Kaldwin by The Outsider. Being a shadow, Emily is much more stealthy, though can still interact with enemies.
|Shadow Walk||4||N/A||Assume a stealthier form for a short time.|
|Rat Shadows||1||Shadow Walk||Move through rat tunnels in your stealthier form.|
|Improved Shadow Attack||2||Shadow Walk||Assassinate or incapacitate up to 2 enemies during Shadow Walk.|
|Greater Shadow Attack||2||Improved Shadow Attack||Assassinate or incapacitate up to 3 enemies during Shadow Walk.|
|Shadow Run||2||Shadow Walk||Move faster while in your stealthier form.|
- Though Emily is harder to see in shadow form, she is not invisible.
- Shadow Walk does not reduce the amount of damage Emily takes.
- Equipping the bone charms Shadow Repose and Dark Extraction allows Emily to regenerate large amounts of health while in shadow form.
- As Emily does not have Possession, the Rat Shadows upgrade is very useful for accessing hard-to-reach areas and bypassing various locked doors.
- While Shadow Walk can get Emily to her target, it will deactivate as soon as she interacts with this enemy.
- Purchasing Improved Shadow Attack allows Emily to flee the scene still in shadow form.
- While in shadow form, Emily cannot jump or climb. This can force her to take a more circuitous route that can take her closer to enemies.
- Shadow Walk, while stealthy, is slower than normal movement, which can be a disadvantage when near enemies. Buying the Shadow Run upgrade can assist with this.
- Being closer to the ground, visibility is reduced with Shadow Walk. This lowers its potential as a scouting tool.
- Shadow Walk is not inherently lethal, as guards can also be rendered unconscious.
- Entering water immediately turns Emily back into her normal form.
Related Bone Charms
- Shadow Embrace - Shadow Walk lasts slightly longer.
- Dark Extraction - Shadow Walk assassination restores some Health.
- Shadow Repose - Regain Health during Shadow Walk.
- In the trailer for Dishonored 2, Shadow Walk is capable of climbing a wall. In-game, however, it is not.
- This was due to a very early concept in the development of Dishonored 2, that allowed Emily the ability to defy and even alter gravity for herself and objects she interacted with, allowing her to walk on ceilings and walls. This was cut due to technical difficulties and eventually became Shadow Walk.
- Shadow Walk is reflective of the period of terror that was Emily's throne being usurped.