- "Only a dolt would threaten the man who runs a newspaper."
- —Simon to the corrupt guard
After the Crown Killer murders started in Dunwall, Simon, with information obtained from a corrupt City Watch guard, writes articles about the Crown Killer – linking the murders to Empress Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano.
During Delilah Copperspoon's coup, the same guard that gave the information to Simon enters the office, demanding that Simon publishes an article which names Delilah as the true Empress and Corvo and Emily as traitors. Simon refuses, having doubts about the story and regretting having published the Crown Killer story in the first place, and is killed by the guard should the protagonist not intervene. If Simon is saved, he promises the protagonist that he will write an article detailing the true story of the coup.
If he survives the coup (either by being saved, or the interaction ending in his death not being activated), Simon can be encountered again at the Dunwall Courier office on the protagonist's return to Dunwall. Here, the protagonist invites him up to Dunwall Tower to conduct an interview and publish the truth after they have dealt with Delilah.
- If the corrupt guard is attacked, Simon will always flee. Only when he has calmed down will the protagonist be able to talk to him.
- Saving Simon unlocks the achievement Freedom of Speech. This also counts as a special action for the score of A Long Day in Dunwall.
- His name is discovered on a note found in the same room in which he first appears.
Characters in Dishonored 2
|Minor Characters (Male)||
Amadeo Monte • Armando • Corporal Dial • Cyrille • Doctor Galvani • Bartholomeus Vasco • Hadros • Ichabod Boyle • Joe Hamilton • Karl • Lento • Luciano • Stanislaw Shepherd • Ramos • Rapollo • Overseer Abello • Overseer Fitz • Overseer Ogburn • Yul Khulan
|Minor Characters (Female)|