Sokolov's Notes – Bloodfly Study is a written note found in Dishonored 2.
- In groups of 3 or fewer, they are harmless. Individuals won't attack, leading me to speculate that each emits a scent that has a collective effect on larger numbers of bloodflies.
- Bloodflies are attracted to rapid movement and sound.
- Their nests can be broken apart, scattering the swarm. And in particular the nests are quite susceptible to fire.
- The insects require fresh corpses to lay their eggs, which hatch in breath-taking fashion, after a very short time. More corpses in a Serkonan city, say during a crisis or plague, mean more bloodflies.
- Interestingly, in the last part of a bloodfly's cycle, they calm a great deal. Leaving the swarm, they molt, causing the wings to drop off. Afterward, each bloodfly lives a solitary existence. Very odd.
- Bloodflies are largely restricted to the South, preferring warmer climates. Like certain aging natural philosophers.