Sokolov's Paintings are collectible works of art in Dishonored and Dishonored 2, created by Anton Sokolov. Upon finding and taking each in Dishonored, a sum of 300 coins per painting is received. They can be obtained during various missions throughout the city.
In Dishonored 2, most of the same paintings, in addition to more recent ones, can be found in both Dunwall and Karnaca. This time around they are worth only 200 coins each.
Locations in Dishonored
|High Overseer Campbell||"The Isometry of High Overseer Thaddeus Campbell"||Campbell's secret chamber|
|House of Pleasure||"Light Along the Inverse Curve, Sokolov's Self Portrait"||Art Dealer's Apartment|
|"Daud and the Parabola of Lost Seasons"|
|"Custis, Morgan and the Postulate Child"|
|The Royal Physician||"The Obtuse Arguments of Lady Boyle"||First floor of Sokolov's Safehouse|
|Lady Boyle's Last Party||"Vera Moray and the Affix of Her Skin"||Top floor of the Boyle Mansion|
|"The Spymaster's Axis of Asymmetry"|
|Return to the Tower||"The Empress and the Empty Set"||Second floor of Dunwall Tower, beside the Lord Regent's room|
|The Flooded District||"The Commutative Rats and the Weeper"||In the first area after escaping, blink to the nearby catwalk|
|"The Torturer's Quaternionic Groan"||In the Chamber of Commerce, on one of the floors when climbing down the chain|
|"The Outsider and the Circumscribed Void"||In Granny Rags' room beneath the whale corpse|
Locations in Dishonored 2
|A Long Day in Dunwall||"Custis, Morgan and the Postulate Child"||The Tower District-side entrance to the Imperial Safe Room|
|"The Obtuse Arguments of Lady Boyle"||Doctor Galvani's apartment|
|Edge of the World||"The Isometry of High Overseer Thaddeus Campbell"||The top floor apartment overlooking the Campo Seta Dockyards|
|"The Outsider in Conditional Dreams"||Inside Amadeo Monte's apartment, next to the Outsider shrine|
|"The Vice Overseer's Predicate Logic"||Third floor of the Overseer outpost|
|"Hypatia's Projective Gaze"||Inside Dr. Hypatia's apartment|
|The Good Doctor||"Duke Abele's Propositional State"||Main lobby of the Addermire Institute|
|"Anton Sokolov in Subtractive Light"||In the lost and found storage|
|The Clockwork Mansion||"Ramsey's Stochastic Eyes"||In Major Bonville's apartment in Lower Aventa|
|"The Spymaster's Axis of Asymmetry"||On the third floor of Correy Brockburn's apartment in Lower Aventa|
|"Jindosh Considers An Odd Numerator"||In the bloodfly-infested apartment in Upper Aventa|
|"The Blood Topology of Grim Alex"||In Sokolov's cell in the Clockwork Mansion's Assessment Chamber|
|"Light Along the Inverse Curve"||Behind Jindosh's desk in his laboratory|
|The Royal Conservatory||"Ashworth Within An Existential Graph"||In the bloodfly-infested building across from the Royal Conservatory|
|Dust District||"Indiscrete Time Finds Aramis Stilton"||On the fourth floor of the Overseer Enclave|
|"Paolo and the Inaccessible Cardinal"||Paolo's chambers in the Crone's Hand Saloon|
|"Vera Moray and the Affix of Her Skin"|
|A Crack in the Slab||"The Commutative Rats and the Weeper"||In a locked vault adjacent to the dining room of Aramis Stilton's manor, in the past|
|"The Torturer's Quaternionic Groan"||In the room above the indoor pool in Stilton Manor, in the past|
|The Grand Palace||"Daud and the Parabola of Lost Seasons"||Found in Claudio's bloodfly-infested apartment overlooking Ravina Boulevard, below the windmill|
- The titles of the paintings are all mathematical references (isometry, inverse curve, parabola, postulates, arguments, etc).
- Sokolov is rather secretive about the tools he uses to create his paintings, even leaving Bunting, an art dealer, in the dark as to the medium he paints on.
- If Corvo drinks the cider sitting on the table by Thaddeus Campbell before going to meet the Empress at Dunwall Tower in Returning Home, the painting "The Isometry of High Overseer Thaddeus Campbell" will reflect that and the table will be empty. Sokolov will comment on Corvo's action, saying that he needed it to draw attention away from Campbell.
- In Dishonored 2, the painting can be found with the cider decanter present, meaning Corvo canonically left it there.
- The painting "The Spymaster's Axis of Asymmetry" will always be found in the bedroom of the targeted Lady Boyle and thus can change location from one playthrough to another.
- The last portrait in Dishonored will be inaccessible unless at least one of the side missions for both Granny Rags and Slackjaw has been completed.
- Duchess Callas Abele commissioned the painting "Radanis Abele's Incongruence with Time" from Sokolov, as a tribute to her deceased son. The painting might have been lost among her collection of artwork when her second son, the new Duke Luca Abele, rebuilt the Grand Palace.
- Sokolov's portrait of Jessamine Kaldwin, "The Empress and the Empty Set", can be found in Dishonored 2 in the throne room of Dunwall Tower, but not collected, during the mission A Long Day in Dunwall. The portrait appears again, although vandalized this time, outside Ashworth's office during the mission The Royal Conservatory. This mission also happens to take place after the return of the Duke to Karnaca.
- Collecting all of Sokolov's paintings in Dishonored will unlock the Art Dealer achievement. The equivalent of this achievement in Dishonored 2 is Art Collector, although this includes collecting Delilah's paintings as well.
- Sokolov was once painting a picture of a beautiful young woman. She died before the painting was finished, so he burned it.
- When Sokolov painted "Vera Moray and the Affix of Her Skin", he was no older than 24.
- Sokolov displays considerable annoyance at being forced to paint Campbell, viewing it as an insult to his own genius.
- ↑ The Duchess In Green, By Douglas Harwickle, Historian
- ↑ Duke Abele Returns Triumphant
- ↑ "Some nights he dreams of a young woman he once painted, decades ago. Her face, the most beautiful thing he'd ever beheld. She died before the painting was complete, and he burned it to ash."
- ↑ The Journal of Granny Rags