|Nation of origin||Gristol|
|Location|| Dunwall Tower|
|First appearance||Returning Home|
This article is about the character, Thaddeus Campbell. You may be looking for the mission, High Overseer Campbell.
- "To Every Man his choice; to Every Man his fate."
- ―Thaddeus Campbell
Despite Campbell's high position within the restrictive Abbey of the Everyman, he is known to lead an extremely decadent and deviant lifestyle. The Heart reveals that "He breaks each of the Seven Strictures daily. It is his own private joke". He maintains a secret chamber beneath the Office of the High Overseer that is filled with mattresses and lingerie, plus notes discussing his dealings with the Golden Cat and an audiograph regarding Corvo Attano's escape from Coldridge Prison. He keeps a rune in the room as well, in a protective glass case beside a copy of Litany on the White Cliff. Rumors of Campbell's lifestyle are seemingly known to the population of Dunwall; Samuel Beechworth comments on it himself, saying, "Maybe it's not my place to say, but men of the faith shouldn't live like barons".
Campbell regularly resorts to blackmail to achieve his aims, keeping a journal where he records secrets about a great number of Overseers. Teague Martin claims that it is through blackmail that he was able to ascend to the position of High Overseer. When Corvo is sent to eliminate Campbell, he is also tasked with retrieving Campbell's journal, which Martin in turn uses to ascend through the ranks of the Abbey.
Sometime after the Empress' assassination, Corvo is approached by Callista Curnow, niece of City Watch Officer Geoff Curnow. She states that Campbell is plotting to murder her uncle due to tensions between the City Watch and the Overseers, and Curnow's aversion to corruption, and asks Corvo to stop him.
- Campbell is voiced by Daniel Hagen.
- If Corvo takes the decanter of cider next to Campbell as he poses for Anton Sokolov's painting during Returning Home, it will be missing in the final version.
- Campbell uses his sword and pistol as his weapons, and is only as strong as a typical City Watch Guard, if not weaker. Curnow can kill Campbell in a single stroke if notified right before Campbell attempts to assassinate him.
- If neutralized with the Heretic's Brand, Campbell can later be found as a weeper in The Flooded District mission, in the room where Corvo's gear can be recovered. Also in the room is a letter, written by Campbell shortly before he loses his mental faculties.
- In this letter, Campbell blames Corvo for the branding, regardless of Corvo's detection status.
- As with all other assassination targets, if Corvo decides to murder Campbell with his sword, a special animation plays. In it he will slice Campbell's arm off, grab him by the throat, and stab him in the neck. If Campbell is approached from behind, Corvo will swing him around, stab him in the stomach, grab his head, and then stab him in the neck.
Characters in Dishonored
The Outsider • Jessamine Kaldwin • Emily Kaldwin • Anton Sokolov • Propaganda Officer • Granny Rags • Slackjaw • Geoff Curnow • Madame Prudence • Griff • Royal Interrogator • Esmond Roseburrow • Lonely Rat Boy
|Minor Characters (Male)||
Watch Officer Thorpe • Hackworth • Doctor Galvani • Boo • Sergeant Heyburn • Overseer Jasper • Overseer Sturgess • Berthold • Crowley • Dunstan • Bunting • Pratchett • Mad Survivor • Alec • Harold • Ramsey • Lord Brisby • Lord Shaw • Byron Alderdice • General Tobias • Overseer Franklin • Blake • Mace Brimsley • Captain Ren • Overseer Archer • Stu • Jelly • Craxton • Rodney • Earl • Grayson • Tom • Jeffrey • Overseer Gerard
|Minor Characters (Female)|
Enemies in Dishonored