The Grand Palace is a mission in Dishonored 2.
Self-serving and corrupt, Duke Luca Abele rules Serkonos, and orchestrated the Coup against you. Enter the Grand Palace to find and eliminate the Duke, who protects himself from assassination with a body double. You must also locate Delilah's spirit, the only means of counteracting her immortality.
- Through the Pantry - Entered Duke Luca Abele's Vault through the secret pantry passage.
- Sunken Storage - Swam into the submerged storage room beneath the Palace grounds.
- Friends in High Places - Replaced Duke Luca Abele with his body double.
- Haunted by the Past - Removed the broken gazelle from Duke Luca Abele's Vault.
- Black Market Heist - Tricked the black market shopkeeper into opening the back door.
- Addressing Karnaca - Spoke to the people of Karnaca from Duke Luca Abele’s chambers.
General Mission Notes
- There are multiple ways of distinguishing the real Duke from his body double.
- An easy way to distinguish the body double from the real Duke is listening to their Heart quotes.
- Listening to their monologues is also sufficient to determine who is who.
- Another way to determine the difference is by blowing up the locked door on the patio to the Duke's chamber, on occasion the real Duke will investigate with his bodyguard while the Double will NEVER search with the guard.
- The Duke's body double is a smoker and will occasionally smoke a cigarette, whereas Luca will not.
- Letters and notes on multiple locations in the Palace will order additional guard presence to the room where the real Duke is located.
- Alternatively they can be identified by the type of key they carry. The body double will carry a key to a chest, while the real Duke carries the vault key. This can be done very easily as assuming there are no guards nearby, the Duke or his double won't be able to technically see the protagonist until dialogue is initiated.
- If the Duke is mistaken for the body double, he will pretend to go along with the plan before going for the alarm.
- In high chaos, there will be dead people hanging from the center ring of the area by the watchtower.
- The appearance of several newspaper articles found in this mission are directly influenced by the protagonist's overall actions at this point in the game. This includes chaos level, burglarized black market shops, Runes picked from Outsider shrines and valuables/coins collected.
- It has been a month since the Coup when the mission starts.
- ↑ Sokolov to Emily on the Dreadful Wale: "In a lifetime, how many monarchs have done half of what you have in a month?"