Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
[Excerpt from a book on the esoteric practices of the Abbey]
Once a child shows the proper inclination, he is marked. Overseers are assigned to study the subject, surreptitiously, in order to determine whether this inclination is supported by cosmological conditions and other signs, ongoing throughout the year.
At the end of the cycle, those befitting further testing are removed from their homes some hours before dawn, and must begin the march to an outpost outside the city.
There, the children undergo ritual preparation and evaluation until the last night of the Month of Rain, when they make a pilgrimage to Whitecliff. During an elaborate ceremony, it is determined which of the children will become Overseers and which must be put down.
- Copies of this book can be found in several places:
- On a shelf in the back room of the Interrogation Room at Coldridge Prison during the mission, Dishonored.
- In Emily's Tower at the Hound Pits Pub.
- In the archives on the second floor of the Office of the High Overseer during the mission, High Overseer Campbell.
- In the guards' quarters inside the Lord Regent's safe room atop Dunwall Tower during the mission, Return to the Tower.