The Voltaic Gun is a silent and concealed ranged weapon used by Billie Lurk in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, having become a weapon of at least some of the Grand Guard in Karnaca. The Voltaic Gun in appearance looks like a professionally crafted variant of the wristbow used by the Howlers, with a manufactured battery rather than a make-shifted one.
It can carry basic voltaic shots, electric darts, incendiary bolts, and hagpearls. The weapon can also be upgraded to improve reload speed, ammunition capacity, and the ability to overcharge projectiles. The animations for every other projectiles are identical to the wristbow or crossbow, except for the electric dart.
A non-lethal projectile used exclusively in the voltaic gun. Upon firing an electric dart, the gun will discharge electrical fluxes which will shock and knock out the target.
A tiny bouncy black ball that mainly serves as a distraction, but can also be used to push inaccessible buttons from a distance or to knock out targets with the proper upgrade. Knocking out targets this way is quieter than using throwing objects or electric darts and prevents a drain on resources, as hagpearls can be retrieved once shot out. However, it is also more difficult, as only a headshot will knock out the target, and the trajectory drops quickly even with an overcharged shot.
One hagpearl can be found early on the second floor of the Albarca bathhouse, on a table near Jeanette Lee. Billie can only hold one hagpearl at any given time. Black market shops do not sell hagpearls.
Available after purchasing the Charged Shot upgrade, overcharging a shot increases damage dealt and enables various alternate functions for a projectile. However, Billie can only charge a shot for so long before it involuntarily releases with considerable loss of precision, resulting in an unwanted waste of ammunition or alarm.
- Voltaic shots will deal more damage, capable of destroying bloodfly nests, but the impact noise will be amplified as well. They will also travel faster and further before losing trajectory, allowing precise targeting over long distances.
- Electric darts will instead disintegrate the victim completely, resulting in a kill.
- Hagpearls will be able to break objects and knock the target unconscious if shot in the head.
- Incendiary bolts will travel further before losing trajectory.
Voltaic Gun Reload Speed
- Cost: 300 Coins
- Cost: 700 Coins
Related Bone Charms
Death of The Outsider
- Firestarter - Incendiary Bolt radius is slightly larger.
- Exacting Aim - Your voltaic shots inflict slightly more damage.
- The working name for this weapon was "Gauss Gun", as seen in the game's files.
- "Gauss Gun" is a coilgun, while the concept art and final result is more like a railgun.
- Billie can still pick up regular pistol bullets and it will count toward the voltaic shots reserve.