They have no ranged attack, but will pick up debris (rocks, bricks, etc.) and throw it at Corvo Attano. They are noticeably more cowardly than City Watch Officers or City Watch Guards; if one of them dies in front of the others, they will flee to safety and sound an alarm.
Despite their weaknesses, they are still brutal (particularly to ordinary citizens), and are known to be ill-mannered and unkempt. They are almost always accompanied by an Officer or member of the Guard.
- "Tell me again what you'll do if Slackjaw's Bottle Street Boys jump you again."
- "Hey don't you owe me a drink?"
- "Hey, can I buy your ration of elixir from today?
- "The oil in these things doesn't last long enough." (When a wall of light is deactivated)
- "How old did you say your sister was?"
- "Seen anybody with signs of sickness?"
- "Let me know if you wanna take my patrol."
- "I don't need shit from you."
- "Bug someone else."
- "You're such a choffer."
- "Please, not now."
- "Shut up."
- "Another night, another patrol with you."
Stepping on a rat
- "Nasty, furry filth!"
- "We got a prowler on the loose."
- "What in the Void was that?"
- "I know you're somewhere around here."
- "I'll find you."
- "I know you're here."
- "Oh I'll find you."
- "You won't stay hidden for long!"
- "I'll flush you out."
- "I'll find you, you hagfish."
- "Can't stay hidden forever"
- "Keep skulking around..."
- "I'll get to the bottom of this."
- "Gotta be here, somewhere."
- "Keep running"
Searching in Group
- "Look out. We got someone skulking around."
- "Call out if you see him."
- "Dump you in the river!"
- "For the Watch!"
- "Take that!"
- "Damn you!"
- "Just! Die!"
- "Take it!"
- "Fall down already!"
- "You're gonna bleed!"
- "Get around him!"
- "Eat metal!"
- "Someone help me out!"
- "Assassin! help!"
- "To arms!"
- "Watch out!"
- "Let's feed him to the hounds!"
- "Rush him!"
- "Take out his legs!"
- "What the Void was that?" (when hearing a suspicious sound)
- "What was that?" (when hearing a suspicious sound)
- "What the !" (when hearing a suspicious sound)
- "Hm, wait a minute. Who's that?"
Return to Idle
- "Maybe wind, or something."
- "Probably rats."
- A watchman's hat may fly off when he is struck.
- Earl, Simmons, Morris, Hamrick and Hackworth are several Lower Guards addressed by name.
- Some of the Lower Guards can be seen with burn scars on the left side of their face.
- It is hinted in Sokolov Technology and the New Age that Lower Guards can be ordered to replace Whale Oil Tanks on security systems, although those, due to the volatile nature of this combustible, can sometimes explode and cause bodily harm. Despite this, only regular guards can be seen replacing tanks during a scripted scene.
- ↑ "The Lower Guard finds their recruits in prison cells."
- ↑ A rendered model of a guard with burn scars.
Enemies in Dishonored