[Excerpt from the founder of the Greaves Whale House - By Ebenezer Greaves]
Out at sea, they secure the beast with hooks, with lines cast from the main-ship and from several smaller boats. Buoys keep the whale from diving deep. Once it's caught, a larger hook is driven through the tail, which is used to hoist the creature up through the chute. They moan and bellow for some time as the men get them onto the deck, then lift them into the scaffolding overhead. The ship adjusts its prow and returns to port in Dunwall, where the crew works on the great creature, slicing off the fattiest parts while it still lives.
- In Dishonored, copies of this book can be found in several places:
- On the table near Piero Joplin's bed, on the second floor of his workshop.
- Inside Anton Sokolov's Safehouse, in his quarters beside the whale oil tank replacement and refilling stations during the mission The Royal Physician.
- On the second floor of the Greaves Refinery, next to the lower broken stairs during the mission The Flooded District.
- In The Knife of Dunwall it can be found in the Rothwild Slaughterhouse in the Oil Processing room in the mission A Captain of Industry.