Tier I - (3 runes)
With Tier I Windblast, Corvo has the ability to push people and objects backwards. He is also able to smash open wooden doors.
Tier II - (4 runes)With Tier II Windblast, Corvo has the ability to slam people into nearby walls or objects with lethal force.
|Windblast||4||None||Gust of wind that shatters doors and deflects projectiles.|
|Greater Windblast||3||Windblast||Summon a more powerful wind that kills enemies thrown into walls, and deflects projectiles with more accuracy.|
|Shockwave||3||Windblast||Release a secondary blast of wind in a short radius around you.|
- This ability can be used to reflect any projectiles that are slow enough (tallboy bolts, grenades, etc.).
- Windblast is extremely useful for crowd control, particularly at Tier II.
- One blast is enough to destroy a swarm of rats.
- Tier I Windblast can kill enemies if they are already damaged and standing near a wall.
- It can also kill uninjured civilians, meaning Corvo needs to be careful when using it around them.
- Windblast can be used to knock enemies over ledges, allowing it to kill them even without being upgraded.
- Shockwave is a very useful upgrade for combat. When timed correctly, it can knock all surrounding enemies away from Corvo, giving him time to kill a few more or escape.
- If attacked by Windblast, witches will blink away before they can hit anything, reducing its effectiveness against them.
- Equipping the bone charms Void Favor and Spiritual Pool allows Corvo to use Windblast more often for less mana.
Related Bone Charms
- Void Channel - Increased range for Windblast.
- The Brigmore Witches have a Windblast-like scream attack that they often use against Corvo, Daud and Emily Kaldwin. While the force behind it is much weaker, the scream itself can deal some damage.
- Granny Rags possesses Windblast, functioning much the same as Corvo's Tier 1 version of the power.
- Corvo uses Windblast in the debut trailer for Dishonored, smashing down a door to access to an aristocratic target.
- Of the three powers he uses in the trailer (the others being Bend Time and Blink), Windblast is the only power to function in exactly the same manner in both the trailer and the game.
- In pre-release images, Corvo pushes his palm forward to use Windblast. In the games, he straightens his whole arm.
Windblast sound effect.
|The Knife of Dunwall|
|The Brigmore Witches|